On 15 May 2012, I took as stroll through Brisbane as I normally do during my lunch time. I walked towards Musgrave Park park where I came across the Aboriginal Tent Embassy that was set up as part of their ongoing campaign for a sovereign state.
I don't wish to make a political statement with these pictures. No doubt, there are many arguments both for and against them, but this blog is not the place for that. I'm just sharing what I think is an interesting photo.
I took some photos during the day, and after work went back there to take a few more. The following morning the camp was dismantled by police.
Next to the bonfire... This fire holds a great significance for them and was brought from the fire that is burning in Canberra at their tent embassy there. When the camp was dismantled some of the coals were saved so that the fire will be kept alive. The light in the background was from the Channel 7 News crew covering the story.
I posted some additional pictures from the embassy here, as well as some pictures from the protest march that happened the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment