This is the beautiful Welcome Swallow, a small bird native to Australia and the surrounding islands. As I was walking along the Brisbane River I saw many of these swallows flying about catching insects, their metallic blue backs glistening in the sunlight. Getting a photo proved rather difficult though as they are extremely fast and agile little birds. On the way back to the office I boarded a CityCat ferry and one of these birds came and perched on a pole right in front of me. I snapped away eagerly and got this nice shot showing their beautiful colours.
Met verwysing na hierdie een en die fantastiese foto van die arend wat die vis gevang het: Besonderse voel-foto's. Ek kom agter jy geniet jou kamera sommer baie!
ReplyDeleteJy is heeltemal reg Boer! Ek dra my kamera nou permanent saam met my wanneer ek gaan werk (tot groot vermaak vir my kollegas), en te danke daaraan het ek al heelwat foto's kon neem wat hier verskyn. Regte tyd en regte plek, en reg met die kamera :)
Delete