I've posted pictures of the Rainbow Lorikeet before, here and here, but this little bird is so beautiful I'm sure nobody will object if I post another picture. This one was feeding in the trees in our garden, catching the last rays of the late afternoon sun.

wow what a great shot, perfect timing and such, i've tried to capture birds in flight before and mostly i fail... this is lovely
ReplyDeleteThanks Elaine, it took a lot of patience and even more wasted shots, but thanks to digital technology I can snap away and get that one good shot. If I used film it would have been a different story! :)
DeleteI love how the bird is suspended in the air and frozen in time. I also dig those wild colors.
ReplyDeleteThe bird life in Australia is just amazing, I don't think I'll ever get used to the colours of the birds here, just fantastic.
Delete