I came across a beautiful lily pond not far from where I live where I saw many different kinds of dragonflies. Interesting little creatures, boasting wildly coloured bodies and amazing agility. Of course I had to take a few photos. I saw a beautiful one at the Brisbane City Botanic gardens too, shown here.
The first two pictures are from a male Wandering Percher, known by the black markings on the red body and the distinctive red marks on their wing tips.
Here is a male Black-headed Skimmer, also with beautiful coloured spots in their wing tips.
Not a dragonfly, but a related cousin called a damselfly. Pictured here is the Blue Riverdamsel. When perched, damselflies generally keep their wings folded behind them, whereas dragonflies keep them spread open.
The Australian Emerald, taken as it flew over some very murky water.
Lastly, a silhouette of a Black-headed Skimmer perched on a twig with a lily leaf in the background, shimmering in the sunlight.
Ek is ook baie lief daarvoor om naaldekokers af te neem. Maar ek sien jy doen effe bietjie meer moeite om die spesies se name ook te leer. Goed gedoen!
ReplyDeleteJa hulle is interessante insekte, en rats. Ek het amper my kamera se memory card vol geneem om hierdie paar te kon kry. :)
Delete