As I walked along the path in the O'Brien and Proud Families Park I saw dozens of these "beautiful" Golden Orb spiders. This one was feasting on a recently caught dragonfly. Very interesting to watch, at a comfortable distance, that is.
A favourite pastime ??? is walking in the African bush, eyes on the ground, and walking into a face-covering web of a similarly delightful spider. What follows is a split-second, lightning fast reaction to remove the sticky, steel strands of the web, and to dislodge an irate spider from somewhere in the vicinity of one's face.....
The details of this macro are impressive
ReplyDeleteGreat shot !
Thanks Olivier, I'll give Nikon the credit for that! :)
DeleteA favourite pastime ??? is walking in the African bush, eyes on the ground, and walking into a face-covering web of a similarly delightful spider. What follows is a split-second, lightning fast reaction to remove the sticky, steel strands of the web, and to dislodge an irate spider from somewhere in the vicinity of one's face.....
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I can picture that!
Delete